Wednesday, June 15, 2011

33 weeks and counting...

With the baby shower just days away, we've already received some awesome gifts from friends and family, including these fun New Orleans onesies. Dad and Cindy surprised us with the changing table Saturday night. It was already assembled too, which Jeremy appreciates! Jeremy will be with me on Saturday and we're really looking forward to seeing everyone.

Here's the baby update... Bambino is weighing in at approximately 4.5 lbs (about as heavy as a pineapple) and is about 17 inches long. And I just loved this comment from the website I use... Baby is "rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his/her skeleton is hardening." Well that's good to know! We certainly don't want little bambino coming out looking like an alien!!

We visited the doctor on Monday and while we were waiting, something weird happened. I'm laying on the hospital bed and I look down to see the right side of my belly LITERALLY raised about 2 inches higher than my left side. I guess baby was just stretching, but man, did that look creepy!?! Even Jeremy was a little weirded out. Ha, just wait til the birth!

At our visit, we also decided, well, I decided that we would no longer look at the scale. It's just too depressing. So I got on the scale as usual, and made Jeremy look away. As soon as the doctor walks in, she says, looking good, gained 2 more lbs! Ugh, I wanted to ring her neck!

Well, that's about all of the updates I have for now. Only seven weeks to go! Hope everyone has a nice week and we're very excited to see all of the ladies at Baby Starr's shower!

1 comment:

joystarrjoy said...

Ok. I really did read your blog, Brigette. I just didn't know how to post a comment. Anyway, I see that my grandson is getting big. And, if he looks like an alien, maybe we can get him a role in a science fiction movie (too bad the X Files is over). See ya later, kiddo!